Almost every fashion savvy woman can attest to a major obsession with Tory Burch. One item in particular that is worthy of obsession is Tory Burch’s Resin Square Necklace ($425). This gold-plated Tory Burch curb chain necklace features oversized resin charms and a lobster-claw clasp. Simple yet elegant in design, this necklace is a winner. Notably, the necklace channels tasteful glamour and sheer elegance. Simply recreate this must-have item when you do-it-yourself (DIY).
- Gold craft wire
- Faux tortoise buckles (4 small, one large): You could order these and break off the center portion–or simply call M&J Trim and request the rectangular buckles without a center bar!
- 6 large (10mm) brass jump rings
- 1 large lobster clasp
- 4 square 19mm x 19mm acrylic gemstones
- About 16” of 17mm gold chain
1. The easiest way to start this project is to look at each of the five pendants separately and make those first. We’ll start with the center one. Begin by taking your large buckle and wrapping the top bar with wire.
2. Wrap continuously until the wire wrapping is substantial, and then wrap in your jump ring. The large pendant is complete!
3. For the smaller pendants, repeat the steps used to make the larger one. Next, take a smaller piece of wire and thread on one of the gemstones.
4. Attach the gemstone as shown above, and wrap the wire on to blend in with the other wire.
5. Tuck the wire ends in. Your small pendant is complete!
6. Repeat and you’ll have five perfect pendants, ready to be attached! Hook the pendants onto your chain.
7. Add a clasp to one end of the chain and a jump ring to the other.